Skip to content

Transporting pets outside of Europe

Transporting pets outside of Europe

Here you find some information about traveling with pets outside of Europe to some of the more frequent destinations.

Taking a dog or cat to the USA, pets to Canada, pets to Australia or pets to Japan.

  • New Zealand
  • United States of America

  • Japan

  • Canada

  • Finland 

  • South Africa  

  • Australia

All European Union countries accepts the terms of the Pet Travel Scheme and all you need is the microchip, rabies shot, and passport. Except the United Kingdom, Norway, Ireland, Malta and Finland, where you also need to have the worm treatment done at least 24 hours prior to entering those countries, but not later then 120 hours from the time of the treatment or else it have to be repeated.