They didn’t allowed my dog into the UK
- The dog or cat must be at least 12 weeks old before they can get the rabies vaccination and after that 21 days must pass before it becomes valid and you can only take your pet to the UK after that.
- The worm treatment for dogs has not been done or did not pass the 24 hours waiting period before they can enter the UK
- Worm treatment must be on Page Roman number VII. Sometimes the Vet enters it onto a wrong page like page VIII, but they don’t accept that at the border
- Another one is if the rabies vaccination is missing or has not reached the 21 days waiting period after vaccination. (This only applies if first time vaccination or if the previous has expired)
- If this is the first rabies vaccination the date of the microchip implantation has to be earlier than the date of the rabies vaccination. If not, by law the rabies vaccination is considered invalid and needs to be repeated including the 21 days waiting period. No sense in it, but that what the law says and at the border they are sticking to it.
- Doctors stamp is missing on one of the pages. Pages Roman number IV, V, VII (worm treatment for dogs). The doctors stamp has to be there.
-Page Roman number IV All fields must be filled in and doctor’s stamp and signature at the bottom is a must